Do you have diarrhea of the mouth? I know I can sometimes let words fly without thinking twice about their affect on others. Karen Ehman's new book Keep It Shut is the perfect book for someone like me. I need to be constantly reminded to keep my mouth shut. In her book, Karen Ehman explains what we should say, how to say it, and when to say nothing at all. It is like a heaven-sent book written just for me.
Karen Ehman is an author for Proverbs 31 Ministries as well as a speaker at their events. She also writes for her own blog called Encouragement For Today (an online devotion). She has written many books as well as other online devotions. She is married to her college sweetheart and has three children. She has lots of experience speaking to other women about biblical issues.
Some of my favorite chapters from Keep It Shut are:
- Stop Filling The Gap- Learning to listen
- Zip It And Pray- How to talk to God before you talk to others
- Behind The Screen- Controlling your digital tongue
- Hurling Hate Or Healing Hearts- Containing Your Anger
- Gotta Have The Last Word- Tips and tricks for tempering the tongue