Monday, March 30, 2015

Happy Easter To The Three Amigos


Easter is this weekend and here at Jensen Family Academy the Three Amigos are very excited. We aren't the typical family that celebrates Easter with bunnies and the usual Easter paraphernalia. We focus on Jesus and His sacrifice for us. We keep the focus on the cross and of course, His resurrection. The story of Jesus on the cross is such a beautiful story of true love.

To keep the focus clearly on Jesus I am very picky about what I do for my children for Easter. I don't want it to be about gifts but THE gift that Jesus gave to us. So, I went to Family Christian to select Christ-centered items to help my family celebrate Easter and the Resurrection of Christ. At Family Christian you will find many Christian inspired items from books to apparel to sweet gifts for children. It took me over an hour to choose the items for my children because there were so many wonderful things to choose from. I couldn't make up my mind.

One of the first things you will see on their website are the Resurrection Eggs. I would have bought them but they were gifted to me last year by my in-laws. I have the same exact set of eggs and they are WONDERFUL. When I used them last year my boys really enjoyed them very much. Since starting them again this year it has been so much better. They have a clear understanding of what exactly Jesus did for us on the cross.


The above picture is our set of eggs. But, you can purchase your set from Family Christian for $16.99 regular price. But, right now they are on sale for $12.74. That is a great price! The set comes with the Resurrection Egg Booklet and Sticker Set. The book has a scripture verse and short explanation for each egg. Each egg comes with one item that symbolizes part of the Easter Story. The stickers can be used to decorate the eggs or maybe a sticker collection sheet. All of this comes in an egg carton to keep them in.

The next item I ordered was the Buck Denver Asks...What's In The Bible? Vol. 10: Jesus Is The Good News. It is a DVD series by the creator of Veggie Tales, Phil Vischer. It's 60 minutes long and includes memorable songs that tell the story of Jesus and His ministry. I love these DVD's so much. I hope to have the whole set someday. Right now we are collecting them for birthdays and holidays. Right now, you can get this DVD for the low price of $3.99 (regular price is $14.99). So, don't wait to check it out.

Since we are HUGE Berenstain Bears fans at JFA I thought this sweet book would be just the ticket. It's called The Berenstain Bears and the Easter Story. It's about the children not knowing the real meaning of Easter and the parents use it as a lesson to teach them about Jesus. We live in a society that thinks Easter is about bunnies and candy and fancy Easter dresses. I want my children to know and love Jesus. We have most of the Berenstain Bears books and this one will soon turn into a favorite. It is on sale for $3.74 (regularly priced at $4.99).

We are a music loving family. I wanted to find a CD we could listen to for Holy week and on Easter that was all about Jesus. I came across a CD called Easter Favorites sung by the Cedarmont kids. The songs are so sweet and include many of the songs I sang as a child in Sunday School (Praise Him! Praise Him!, Alive Alive, & Tell Me The Story Of Jesus). Included on the CD is an Easter musical The Easter Miracle. It brings drama and words to the story of Easter. For $2.99 (regularly $3.99) you can fill your home with the sweet sounds of children singing about Jesus.

I also purchased some non-Easter items just for fun. One of them is a book called God's Wisdom For Little Boys by Jim and Elizabeth George. The paintings in the book are by Judy Luenebrink. It is such a beautiful book. I have seen it before in other stores but I just had to have it for my Three Amigos for Easter. For $16.99 I am getting an incredible book written by incredibly talented Christian authors.

Another non-Easter item I purchased was the Veggie Tales DVD The League Of Incredible Vegetables. My kids have a small obsession with all super heroes. They also LOVE Veggie Tales. What a great combo. I can't wait to give it to them on Easter morning. They are going to burst with joy! And, it was only $14.99.

The items listed above will be given to my Amigos on Easter morning in a small basket for all of them to share. I will also include a few pieces of candy and we will read the Easter story from the bible. After church we will come home and eat lunch and have our own little Easter Egg Hunt. We do a different kind of egg hunt. Instead of candy in each egg (although some of them will have a piece or two) we fill them with bible verses about Jesus and a small item such as bubbles, a fake tattoo, or a small slinky.

Please go to Family Christian and check out all of their wonderful items for Easter and any time of the year. Their prices are great and their products are awesome.

No comments: