Friday, March 20, 2015

NIV Proclamation Bible


God's word. The Holy Bible. My favorite book to read. No matter what you call it, it is the most wonderful book ever written. I love that there are so many different versions so that it is easily accessible to anyone no matter their background. The New International Version (aka NIV) is one of my favorite to read because it is very easy to read and understand. It is also a more literal translation of the bible.

I received a copy of the NIV Proclamation Bible for review. This version of the bible comes with cross-references and concordances. I chose this particular bible to review because I am looking for a new bible to study from. I found this bible very easy to use and understand.

The NIV Proclamation Bible comes with the following features:


  1. An overview of the bible and the historical reliability of it
  2. A "how-to" for applying it to your life
  3. Concordance
  4. Maps in the back of the bible
  5. A brief description and history of each book in the bible as well as who authored each one
  6. Reference guide down the middle of each page
I loved the brief description at the beginning of each book. It gave me a better handle on what I was about to read and who wrote it. I felt that it was well put together. As I read through the NIV Proclamation Bible I felt well informed about each verse and chapter. 

Here is a description about the book:

"The NIV Proclamation Bible offers a valuable resource for those who teach from the Bible regularly and anyone who enjoys studying Scripture in greater depth.
"The NIV Proclamation Bible is remarkable for how well it puts the highest quality biblical scholarship at the Bible student's fingertips in such a clear, penetrating and accessible form. There are many study Bibles on the market right now, but none better." -Tim Keller
This edition of the NIV Proclamation Bible, developed by Lee Gatiss in collaboration with the Proclamation Trust, includes a wealth of additional material from leading theologians, pastors, and Bible teachers to enhance your study of the word. The Bible features ten introductory essays on theology, doctrine and the application and interpretation of Scripture, as well as detailed overviews of each literary genre in the Bible-from the historical narratives to the apocalyptic literature. It also features introductions to every Bible book.
Sixty-five expert Bible teachers have contributed to the NIV Proclamation Bible including Christopher Ash, Graham Beynon, Gerald Bray, Simon Gathercole, David Jackman, Karen Jobes, Dick Lucas, Douglas Moo, Peter O'Brien, Vaughan Roberts, William Taylor, and Chris Wright. Many of these individuals are also members of the NIV translation team, which takes into account the latest developments in biblical scholarship and language usage when working with the New International Version.
Setting the highest standards of reliability and readability, the NIV is ideal for personal reading, public teaching, and group study."
I recommend this Bible to anyone looking for a good study bible that will help guide them into a better understanding of God's word. It really has helped me in the last few weeks to have the motivation to dig deeper into the bible and find out more about each person, event, and verse. 

I was given this book by BookLookBloggers in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own. 

No comments: