Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Worry Less So You Can Live More {Review}

Worrying is one of the worst things we can do. It never accomplishes anything. I consider myself a "worry-er". It is one of my many faults. But, I am trying to get better at trusting God with every part of my life. Jane Rubietta wrote a new book titled Worry Less So You Can Live More. I jumped on the opportunity to review this darling little book.


Having peace in the midst of trials is such a hard concept to grasp. To trust God no matter your circumstances is a wonderful feeling. Those who have accomplished this have such a blessing. I hope to one day be able to not worry about every little thing in life. 

This book is such a sweet treasure filled with encouragement, stories, and God's Holy Word. Jane Rubietta is a critically acclaimed author of fifteen books, including Grace Points and Quiet Places. She travels and speaks at many women's events, churches, and parenting groups. She writes regularly for indeed, MOMSense, Fullfill, Just Between Us, and many other magazines and websites. Jane and her husband live in Illinois. 


Here is some info about the book:

"Exchange Your Worries for Delight in God . . . and God's Delight in You
Weary of worry and its tagalongs: anxiety, discouragement, and exhaustion? Jane Rubietta invites you to leave behind your heavy heart and learn to truly live again. To experience joy and rest in the moment-by-moment pleasure of a God who delights in you--and has all your tomorrows under his control. Jane's picturesque prose offers enduring encouragement and practical tools for change. Discussion questions and journaling prompts make this the perfect book to read on your own or share with your small group and discover how to worry less and live more."

I read this book expecting the normal "this is what the bible says", "do this, not that", "stop worrying...". I was pleasantly surprised to find that Jane Rubietta sprinkled Worry Less So You Can Live More with so much love and delight. She recommends keeping a journal throughout your worrying less journey so you can see your progress. Her stories are funny and charming yet realistic. 

I recommend this book to anyone who worries or knows someone who worries a lot. It is helpful in that she gives simple advice on how to feel more at peace and have more joy and energy. 

I was given this book by Bethany House in exchange for my review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own. 


No comments: