Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Blessings For The Morning {Review}


Getting my morning devotions in is such a hard task when you have little ones. My guys are up very early so that leaves little time for any kind of reading. Although I purposefully make it a priority in my life to have time with the Lord every day, I have found it is best to do it in the morning. That way your mind is fresh and you can welcome the presence of God into your life for the day ahead. Blessings For The Morning by Susie Larson is a beautifully written devotional book geared toward women. I received this book not really expecting what I got.

First of all, I love the cover of the book. It is so warm and welcoming. It makes me feel like everything is well in the world. After opening the pages I discovered how sweet the devotions are for each day. Susie Larson is a well-known radio show host, national speaker, and author. She loves to teach others about the bible and has a passion to see people strengthen their faith. She did a wonderful job with Blessings For The Morning.

She starts each day off with a verse from the bible. The verse goes along with the theme for that days devotion. She writes the devotion to YOU, the reader. She addresses you and says a prayer over you each day. I loved the way this was written because it became personal instead of some stranger giving me advice.

Here is a list of some of the themes I found most uplifting to my life:

  1. He Wants You Strong 
  2. A Glimpse Of Glory
  3. Fresh, Unfailing Mercies
  4. Seated With Christ
  5. See Yourself Through His Eyes
  6. Abundantly Blessed
  7. Do Not Fear
  8. Pray Powerfully
She has also included Blessings for Specific Needs and Occasions such as:
  • A Restful Weekend
  • Christmas Eve
  • End Of Year
Beginning your day with encouragement and strength is so important. I can always tell on the days I didn't start off in God's word or doing a devotion. Getting your head, heart, and soul into the words of God and love is the most important thing you can do for your family. I encourage you to check out Blessings For The Morning for yourself. It's such a sweet and uplifting way to start your day. That and a cup of coffee. 

No comments: