Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Devotions From The Garden {Review}


Taking time for yourself to soak in God's presence and His word is hard when you have little children. For me, I have to make an effort to get up early in the morning and have my quiet time before the kids get up. That's why I love devotional books. They give me the lift I need in the midst of chaos and clutter. Devotions From The Garden is the perfect addition to my devotional collection. Miriam Drennan came together with Thomas Nelson to create this beautiful devotional book to encourage people with God's word.

I love just sitting in my garden and listening to the birds sing and the bees buzz and soak in God's beauty. This devotional is the perfect addition to my time in the garden. The themes throughout the book are all garden related. Some examples are: Soil Testing, Grace In The Garden, Fruit Trees, Watersheds, The Mustard Seed, Container Gardening, Herb Gardens, Sowing To The Spirit, Thanks For The Harvest.

The pictures are so beautiful. They consist of flowers, trees, produce, fruit, and gardens. The colors are almost life-like and I loved reading every single page. The book is hardbound and comes with a built-in ribbon bookmark. The theme is "Finding Peace and Rest From Your Hurried Life". I recommend this devotional book to any person looking for some quiet time among the loud and crazy life of having "littles".

No matter where you are in your walk with the Lord, we all need and crave to have time with Him. He is the Maker and Creator of the universe. We aim to please Him in all areas of our lives and giving Him a few minutes a day is just a small thing we can do to become closer to Him and more like Him. Devotions From The Garden gives you that lift for your day and includes a bible verse for each day. This is an uplifting and encouraging book that will bless you.

This book was given to me by Book Look Bloggers in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own. 

No comments: