Tuesday, June 16, 2015

No More Excuses Diet {Review}


Maria Kang made headlines with her rocking body after having three children. Her philosophy is that there are no excuses for you to be unhealthy. In her new book The No More Excuses Diet she explains what she does and what works for her as well as the research behind it all. I chose this book for review because I have tried many different diets since having my third son and nothing has worked. I want something that sticks and isn't hard to follow.

Many women (and men) struggle with body image, especially after having children. Your body isn't the same and your metabolism changes. Things you could eat before turn straight to fat after. Maria Kang explains what to eat, when to eat it, and what it does for your body. She gives examples of meals that give you the best ingredients for a healthy diet.

I felt motivated throughout the book and tried many of her suggestions. She says that it takes "3 days to bust any excuse, 3 weeks to easy new eating habits, and 3 months to total transformation". She is an amazing woman and very inspirational. I felt that she put her heart and soul into writing this book and she is very passionate about women's health.

Maria also gives plenty of tips for exercising the right way. There is a wrong way to exercise. If you have ever been pregnant you body changes. You can't just simply jump right back into an exercise routine. Her exercise plans are easy and there are step-by-step directions with pictures to go with them. They were easy to understand, although some of them looked very difficult for this beginner.

I plan to continue using this book and implementing the ideas and strategies to keep myself on the right path to a healthier me. I want to be healthier for my children and husband and Maria Kang is helping to support that plan with her book The No More Excuses Diet.

I was given this book by Blogging For Books in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own. 

No comments: