Monday, August 10, 2015

A New Adventure For The Three Amigos & School Room Pics


It has been such a wonderful summer so far. I have participated in the HEAV (the homeschool convention for my state) as a blogger and met some amazing ladies. We have gone to the beach, pool, local parks, had and gone to a few birthday parties, and celebrated 11 years with my Hubby. Over the course of the summer I have also reorganized Jensen Family Academy and redecorated it. I will share a few pics at the end of this post.

I also wanted to share the new about our new homeschooling adventure. The Three Amigos will be starting Classical Conversations (CC) in just a few short weeks. Last spring I was invited to attend an Open House held at my home church for Classical Conversations. Throughout the Open House, my children were able to sit in on the lessons and I was able to observe the lessons as well. We all fell in love with this method of learning. All three of my boys enjoyed it very much.

We will meet once a week for 24 weeks throughout September through April for Classical Conversations Day. I will then teach them the other 4 days from home using the same method and lessons. CC has equipped me to use certain materials to teach my children classically. All subjects are covered including Latin, Geography, History, English, Science, Math, and so on. The children will also be learning about art and artists, music and orchestra, and learn to play the tin whistle. We couldn't be happier with this decision.

CC's motto is "To Know God and Make Him Known". That means to learn about God for ourselves and to learn how to tell others about Him as well. CC is a Christian-based program and that was the number one thing that I look for in any homeschooling curriculum. I will be sharing our CC journey throughout the school year. I hope you will join me back here in the weeks and months to come. I will also be doing a blog post in September about our Beach Vacation to the OBX that we are taking in a few weeks. It is our first vacation in 11 years!! I am way too excited!!

Jensen Family Academy Pics:














No comments: