Sunday, December 6, 2015

5 in 5 For Every Season (By: Michael Symon)


I love cookbooks and I love Food Network. I collect cookbooks and have so many I lost count. Michael Symon's new book 5 in 5 For Every Season (with Douglas Trattner) is a wonderful addition. I am a fan of Michael Symon's and love his way of cooking. In his new book, he goes through all four seasons plus the holidays. He uses 5 fresh ingredients plus 5 minutes of heat to equal 165 wonderful recipes for dinner, sides and more. They are all quick and healthy as well.

This book is organized by season with an entire section completely for the holidays. He has a section in the front of the book dedicated to the pantry. He lists all of the essential pantry items that he typically keeps on-hand. His use of fresh ingredients is the best part of this book. Using in-season fruits, veggies, and herbs keeps the recipe simple, delicious, and on a budget.

Some of my favorite recipes are:
  • Rigatoni with mushrooms & swiss chard (p. 20)
  • Four-egg omelet with ramps (p. 41)
  • Chicken breasts with strawberry & goat cheese salad (p. 72)
  • Breaded beef sirloin with zucchini & tomato salad (p. 82)
  • Grilled cheese with Havarti & apple (p. 116)
  • Mushroom philly cheesesteaks (p. 162)
  • Chicken breasts with bacon & brussel sprouts (p. 184)
  • Cheesy broccoli gratin (p. 216)
  • Leftover ham frittata with gruyere (p. 247)
Michael Symon includes different drink recipes as well. Some of them are alcoholic and some are not. They all sounded tasty. I am so glad I received this book. The recipes are delicious and I plan to make most of them in the future.

If you are a fan of Michael Symon's then you will love this new cookbook. Put it on your list for Christmas. It would make the perfect holiday gift.

*I received this book from Blogging For Books in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

No comments: