Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Sweeter Off The Vine (By: Yossy Arefi)




It is the start of fresh fruit season here in Virginia. Making desserts out of fruit is one of my favorite ways to bake. I also love to use fruits in many other different ways during the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Yossy Arefi's new book, Sweeter Off The Vine, has given me so much inspiration for this year.

Sweeter Off The Vine is a cook book about fruit desserts for every season. As soon as it arrived at my house I opened it and began to dream about all of the yummy desserts I would be making. What I love about this book as well is the author's use of different ingredients such as buckwheat flour, old-fashioned oats, homemade crème fraiche, rye flour, and spelt flour.

The pictures in the book are phenomenal. The book is hard bound for better use in the kitchen.

Some of my favorite recipes are:
  1. Chamomile Honey Panna Cotta (p. 12)
  2. Rhubarb and Rye Upside-Down Cake (p. 31)
  3. Pistachio Pound Cake with Strawberries in Lavender Sugar (p. 43)
  4. Cherry and Chocolate Turnovers (p. 50)
  5. Crème Fraiche and Blueberry Ice Cream (p. 75)
  6. Plum Pie with Hazelnut Crumb (p. 104)
  7. Soft Chocolate and Fig Cake (p. 123)
  8. Caramelized Apple Fritters (p. 151)
  9. Winter Luxury Pumpkin Pie (p. 180)
  10. Cranberry Bread Pudding (p. 186)
  11. Blood Orange Old-Fashioned Donuts (p. 197)
  12. Preserved Lemon Ice Cream (p. 212)
  13. Stick Toffee Pudding With Cranberries (p. 222)
I actually ended up making a strawberry tart and used her recipe for All-Butter Crust (p. 228). I did not take a picture (I know...big mistake!). It was so good. My whole family enjoyed it.

I love this cook book. It is a great addition to any kitchen. With fresh fruit season upon us, you should pick up this wonderful book and use some of the delicious recipes.

*I was given this book by Blogging For Books in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

No comments: