Sunday, April 24, 2016

The I Quit Sugar CookBook By: Sarah Wilson




Sugar. It comes in many different forms. It is in almost everything we eat. You can't go to the grocery store anymore without reading labels and then you might still get tricked into buying something with sugar. Sarah Wilson's new cookbook, The I Quit Sugar Cookbook, is everything you want it to be and more. She truly outdid herself with these amazing recipes, pictures, menu ideas, and more.

I have been weaning myself from sugar for a while. I have gone cold turkey a couple of times and had withdrawal from it. Sugar is more addicting than cocaine. It causes cancer, diabetes, obesity, inflammation, leaky gut, and the list goes on. Americans eat more sugar than anywhere else in the world. I have many health problems and that is why I am on a healthier me journey. I want to live a long life. Sugar creates so many health problems and adds to the ones I already have. This cookbook is giving me a lot of motive to kick it to the curb altogether.

There are three parts to this cookbook: 1. The Bits At The Front (helpful hints on how the book works and how to really get started in quitting sugar). 2. The Recipes (Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, Desserts, and everything in between). 3. The Bits At The Back (Shopping lists, safe sweeteners, FAQ section, and so on).

It is filled with beautiful pictures and delightful insight. Some of my favorite recipes are:

  1. Cheeseburger Wontons (p.102)
  2. Superfoodie Lasagna Cake (p.140)
  3. "Sweet" Tacos With Easy Slaw (p.200)
  4. Sweet Potato Nachos (p.230)
  5. Raw Snickas Ice Cream Bar (p.279)
  6. Cardamom and Sea Salt Ganache Tart (p.318)
  7. Kombucha recipes (starting on p.342)
There are almost 400 pages of info and recipes in this book. It will take you all day just to look through it and then another whole day to figure out what you want to make first. I really enjoyed this cookbook and am glad I get to add it to my collection. I especially love that it is a book that is about health and clean eating. Americans eat so much bad and processed foods. We need more people to write books like this to make people more aware of the dangers of sugar and junk food.

*I was given this book by Blogging For Books in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

No comments: