Tuesday, May 17, 2016

America's Best Breakfasts By: Lee Brian Schrager and Adeena Sussman




Breakfast. The most important meal of the day. My family eats breakfast for dinner quite often as well. I am always looking for new ways to make eggs or a better pancake recipe or a delectable omelet. Lee Brian Schrager and Adeena Sussman made it their mission to find America's Best Breakfasts, which is the title of their newest book.

I love breakfast food. I don't know anyone who doesn't love it. You can do so many things. There are pancakes, cinnamon rolls, crepes, eggs and bacon, French toast, fried potatoes....and so much more. In this new book, we are taken on a tour of America through breakfast food. From coast to coast we are given the local favorites of where to eat and a few recipes along the way.

Starting in The West Coast and Pacific Northwest we arrive at CafĂ© Gratitude (awesome name) in Venice, CA and their Golden Tumeric Iced Latte. Yum! As they take you on an adventure throughout the entire area, the couple also stops at popular restaurants and gives you their best recipe.

The next stop is The Midwest. We arrive in Omaha, NE at the Over Easy restaurant with their recipe for Cheesy Biscuits and Vegetarian Gravy. Oh my! Sounds delicious! I couldn't pick a favorite in this area because everything sounded so scrumptious.

Next, we find ourselves in The South. Raleigh, NC brings us to Joule, a coffee shop and restaurant. The owner's recipe for the BLT Deluxe made me so hungry. I actually did make this one because well, avocado...LOL! I am from the South so this entire section was my favorite. There were a few restaurants represented that are close to my home and I do plan to visit them soon.

The final stop is The Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. We arrive at the Sofra (a restaurant that bases its menu on seasonal options) in Cambridge, MA. Their recipe for Granola is on their menu all year round because of its popularity and well, it's granola. Yum!

Toward the end of the book, the authors provide a list of the best Bloody Mary's in the country as well as their location. They have also given detailed instructions on how to make the perfect egg. No matter how you take them, scrambled, over-easy, poached, you will always make the perfect egg with their simple directions.

I really have enjoyed going through this book. It will stay on my shelf and I will use it for years to come. I will also take it with me when I travel so I am sure to find the perfect breakfast spot no matter where I am in the USA.

*I was given this book by Blogging For Books in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

No comments: