Thursday, June 16, 2016

Hope Unfolding (Becky Thompson)





Motherhood. It's not for the faint of heart. It is the best thing in the world. And, it's the hardest thing in the world. It can be very unrewarding. It can be tiring, stressful, and down right ugly sometimes. You try your best every day to be the best mother you can be. Most days are awesome. You feel loved, your kids feel loved, your family is taken care of. There are also days when you come up short. No matter how hard you try, the days seems to be crazy.

Becky Thompson (of Scissortail Silk) has written a new book called Hope Unfolding. It is full of grace, truth, and hope about motherhood. On those days when you feel like you aren't enough, God says we are enough. She gives sound advice and Biblical wisdom as a mother herself who has been in the same shoes.

I find myself constantly comparing myself to other mom's. I fall short because they are not me and I am not them. I can never be anything except what God has called me to be. I have friends who are constantly on the go. Their children and very well behaved. They take art classes, karate, music lessons, and so on. I don't do any of that. We just can't afford it. So, my human self feels sorry for my children. But, in reality, what are they missing? They are happy, fed, loved, and awesome. I couldn't ask for anything more.

So, why the comparison? Why the doubtfulness? It is this world and the Devil. They are lies. God says I am enough. This book has given me fresh confidence to look up to God instead of around at the world. This world is temporary. My children are so happy. My worries are for nothing. God is in control and His plans are higher than my plans.

There have been days that I have thought God has forgotten about me. What a lie! He cares for me so much His Son died for me. No matter what life throws at me, God is good and loves me. He has never left me even for a second. He is my strength and comfort. He is my steady hand and my rock. He fills me with joy and hope.

No matter how messy your life looks (or mine), that doesn't define us. We are redeemed in Christ. He has given us grace. A grace in which we must give ourselves as well. If the sink is full of dirty dishes, but you spent the day playing with your kids....GRACE. Give it to yourself. God loves you where you are and for who you are. His blood covers all.

LOVED! That is how I feel about this book. I plan to give it to many of my mom friends. They need to read this book! Go and get it NOW!

*I received this book from Blogging For Books in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*


No comments: