Tuesday, July 12, 2016

God Bless America~A Patriotic Coloring Book (Multnomah)



Adult coloring books are very popular right now. I would have never believed it. I was very skeptical a year ago when they started to become a trend. Now, I am head over heels for coloring. Today I am reviewing God Bless America (A Patriotic Coloring Book). It is all about America and history and love of country. Perfect timing since we just celebrated Independence Day.

In this book, it's all about the red, white, and blue. This book gives you peaceful ways to contemplate the good ol' U S of A. We live in a truly amazing country where freedom was fought for and freedom was found. We have the advantage of equality, possibility, faith, family, justice, and so much more. You will be able to gain a sense of pride about being born American.

Each page features an original design from one of nine different artists and an inspirational quote from one of our Founding Fathers, an historic document, a patriotic hymn, or other symbolic American quotes.

I just love how this book represents a wide range of American history. It also features quotes from both men and women who made this country what it is today. Some of the quotes are recognizable, while others were new to me and I truly enjoyed each one.

On the back of each page is a short description of the quote, a history lesson about the person who said it, or the rest of a Bible verse that was taken to make the coloring page. I truly adored this part of the book because I love history. It saved me from having to "Google" the quote or scripture verse, or hymn. I actually learned a little bit while coloring.

This is the perfect coloring book to relieve stress, get you to slow down, quiet the noise, and get creative.

*I received this book from BloggingForBooks in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

No comments: