Wednesday, November 2, 2016

NKJV Word Study Bible Review (Thomas Nelson)



Studying the Bible is one of the most important parts of my life. Understanding the original language and the meaning behind each word gives me a better appreciation of God's book. The new NKJV Word Study Bible published by Thomas Nelson gives you just that. It is a Bible with 1,700 key words and their original meaning defined and elaborated on.

This Bible includes:
  • Paragraph-style text with in-text subheadings
  • Translators' notes
  • Book introductions
  • Words of Christ in red
  • Word studies
  • Indexes
  • Concordance
The features that I enjoyed the most were the book introductions and the translators' notes. The book introductions give a place, time, and purpose for that book in the Bible. It also gives you the main ideas for that book. For instance, in the book of Ephesians the introductions tells the reader that the group of people Paul was writing to were rich and living as beggars. I didn't know that until I read this commentary.

The translators' notes were very informative. They give you an in-depth description of each word that is being identified and also help you to better understand why that word would have been used. They also provide other passages in the Bible where you may find that word being used in a similar way.

The word studies include those from Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic languages. Having these words explained gave me a new sense of the idea behind "Bible Study". Digging deeper and unveiling familiar words to become new and fresh. I absolutely love this Bible and use it for my primary Bible at home now.

This Bible has helped me to experience scripture in a whole new and exciting way.

*Thank you BookLookBloggers for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for a review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

No comments: