Friday, December 2, 2016

Amy Grant Tennessee Christmas CD (Review)





I absolutely LOVE Amy Grant. I also LOVE Christmas music. It makes me feel so cozy and warm inside. It brings so much joy to my life. Amy Grant has released her new album (including some old favorites) called Tennessee Christmas. I mean, who hasn't heard this beautiful song??

I just think the world of this album. It will be dearly loved by my family over the years. The album includes:
  1. Tennessee Christmas
  2. To Be Together
  3. Christmas For You And Me
  4. Melancholy Christmas
  5. December
  6. White Christmas
  7. Joy To The World
  8. I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
  9. Baby, It's Cold Outside (feat. Vince Gill)
  10. Christmas Don't Be Late
  11. Still Can't Sleep
  12. Another Merry Christmas
  13. O Come, All Ye Faithful
Okay, I cannot tell you how excited I was to hear Amy Grant with her husband Vince Gill singing "Baby It's Cold Outside". It was one of the best and sweetest versions I have heard. Their voices singing together is such a delightful sound to hear.

Of course, my favorite song on the album is "Tennessee Christmas". It just brings back so many memories from my childhood. No matter how old I get, it will always remind me of simpler times. I have never even visited Tennessee (even though I live in Virginia) but it makes me feel like I have been a thousand times. Did you know that Amy Grant actually helped write this song? Wow!

In a few of the songs Amy Grant talks about different Christmas memories. Hearing her talk about real life stories that have happened in her life felt inspiring. It gave the album more character.

Some songs were written by Amy herself and others are age-old classics that still give you the sense of Christmas. I liked hearing new and old songs together. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the older, more well-known songs that I forget other songs are out there just waiting to be heard.

Here is a sample of one of the songs on the album:


Amy Grant and her team are using the hashtag "#TNChristmasSurprise!" to form a video of real life people surprising their loved ones this holiday season. If you have a video of you surprising your loved ones this Christmas, post it to any social media outlet using the above hashtag and it could be selected to be in her video. How exciting is that?

Here is an example of a video:

Tears!!!! Just a warning. Haha.

You can purchase the CD from iTunes:
http://smarturl.it/TNChristmasAlbum?IQid=flyby

I pray that this CD blesses you as much as it has blessed me. It truly is the sweetest album I have heard in a while.

*Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing me with a copy of the product in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

No comments: