Thursday, December 1, 2016

Bible Journaling Kit by Ellie Claire (Review)




Bible journaling is all the rage lately. I haven't gotten on the bandwagon simply because I am not artistic in the slightest. I can barely make stick figures. Recently, I was sent the Ellie Claire Bible Journaling Kit to review. Well, I can now say I have no excuse to not hop on that bandwagon. This kit is so delightful.

The kit includes:
  • 4 sheets of word stickers
  • 4 sheets of alphabet stickers
  • 24 tab stickers
  • 8 twistable colored pencils
  • 1 journaling pen
  • 1 pouch with adjustable strap
  • 1 ruled page protector mat with tracing lines


As someone who is very un-artistic, I found this kit to be very helpful with journaling. The tab stickers have saying on them such as: "Amen", "Blessing", "Pray", "Grace", and "Faith". I used these to mark pages that I found fit with the word. For instance, I used the "Favorite" tab to mark Psalm 103 in my Bible. I can easily find Psalm 103 in my Bible now because of the tab. I used the "Fear Not" tab to mark Psalm 23 since it speaks about not fearing death and trials. There are also blank tabs included that you can add your own words or phrases to.

I used the word stickers all throughout my Bible. Some of the phrases included are: "When life is hard, remember...", "I love this.", "Let it go.", and "Think on these things". I loved these stickers because I have a hard time thinking of little phrases to add to my Bible journal. These came in handy when I found a verse I wanted to remember for a specific reason. On these word sticker sheets are also little arrow stickers, star stickers, and heart stickers. I used these to mark a verse here and there that I wanted to recall easily.

The alphabet stickers come in two different fonts that include both lower and upper cases as well as numbers. I found these helpful to write out a word here and there. I spelled out "Love" on a verse that reminded me of Christ's love for us. I spelled out the word "Grace" for a verse that spoke about God's grace. There are many things you can do with these letters and numbers.

The colored pencils are the twistable kind that you never have to sharpen. I liked this feature because sometimes I don't have a sharpener and I can continue journaling without interruption. I used the pencils to underline or highlight a section of the Bible that I found significant.

The journaling pen that is included in this kit comes in black ink. It is great because it doesn't bleed through to the next page. Bibles have very thin pages that easily bleed through with many other pens and markers. This pen is specifically designed for thin pages.

"Whatever is lovely...think about such things." (Philippians 4:8) This is the inscription on the outside of the pouch. The pouch can hold all of the materials included in this kit except for the page protector mat. It is convenient and has an adjustable strap so it can be strapped to any size Bible for easy access.

On the page protector mat you will find a ruler on one side and different kinds of designs made for edging. It is clear so that you can still see the verses through it.

I truly enjoyed using this Bible Journaling Kit. It made journaling easy and accessible to someone who would not normally participate.

You have the chance to win a your very own Bible Journaling Kit. Simply go to this website (http://bit.ly/BibleJournalingKitGiveaway) and enter to win. They are giving away 5 sets so hurry over!! There are also some FREE coloring pages that you can print out to inspire you on your Bible journaling journey.

Here are a some websites to check out to purchase your very own Bible Journaling Kit:


Amazon: http://bit.ly/BibleJournaling
Books-A-Million: http://bit.ly/BAMBibleJournaling
Christian Book Distributors: http://bit.ly/CBDBibleJournaling

*Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing me with these products in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

1 comment:

SM Simplifier said...

Hey Kristy - we just recently started doing this - we are using something called a "training Bible" and it is basically the same thing but I had to go buy all the supplies. I am really liking it though because the tabs are marked so if we are having difficulty in one area (disobedience or disrespect seem to be biggies, right now), i can quickly get to a verse or 3 or 4 and have the children find the color and be engaged in the search