Monday, January 16, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday- 1/16/2017



And, we're back with another Monday in the New Year. They sure are flying by. I am very tired today from being up in pain all night long (I live with chronic pain). Nothing new but I feel extra tired today. Not too much going on here. Just the usual Monday stuff.

Hope you had a great weekend...we sure did!

The weather:::

Cold and dreary. It isn't raining but it sure feels like it could. Last week we had over a foot of snow then 70 degrees at the end of the week. Ha! This week it will be in the 40s, 50s, and 60s with a chance of rain a couple of days. Not too bad.

On my reading pile:::

I am reading through the previously mentioned books (almost finished) along with the "Love Come Softly" series by Janette Oke. They are so good. I also started reading "The Courtships of Lancaster County" by Leslie Gould. I am on book #2 called Adoring Addie (the first book was amazing!).

On my TV:::

When I have time to watch TV during the day while folding laundry or while the kids have quiet time I am watching "This Is Us". Can I just say...wow! I love it. I am also watching The Hobbit series with my husband in the evenings (we watch them a couple times a year). I borrowed the "Love Comes Softly" DVDs from a friend from church. Those will be watched when the kids are having quiet time as well.

On the menu for this week:::

Monday- Crunchwrap Supremes
Tuesday- Baked Potato Soup with salad
Wednesday- Leftovers because I make a huge pot of soup
Thursday- Breakfast for dinner
Friday- Homemade pizza
Saturday- Grocery shopping for 2 weeks

On my to do list:::
Laundry- I have 4 loads to fold
Dishes- They are taunting me from the sink
Homeschool with the big boys
Tidy up the whole house
Blogging

Looking around the house:::

It is semi-quiet as I write this post. The boys are all in their shared room talking and making posters. I cleared off the dining room table (which is where I am sitting). My husband rearranged the living room on Saturday and it looks much better. There are things to pick up here and there but it looks pretty neat and tidy.

From the camera:::


Something fun to share:::

We get to go bowling on Thursday. The boys don't know yet because they would drive me nuts about it. We are going with a homeschool group. I am going to have fun watching the kids play. I can't even pick up a bowling ball at all because of the chronic pain condition but there will be plenty of help there.

What I'm wearing today:::

Black leggings, a black t-shirt, and a long gray sweater with fuzzy slippers. Ha. I may or may not get out of this today.

One of my simple pleasures:::

I love reading church history. I know, sounds a little boring. But, for me it is interesting.

Bible verse, Devotional::: 

"Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Oooh the Love comes Softly series are so good :)

I think I would be very comfy with what you're wearing, matter of fact sounds very much like what I wear around here hahaha

Hope you have a great week :)

SM Simplifier said...

I am sorry you had another bad night, Kristy. So many are praying for a solution and an END to the pain for you. I stayed up until 2am!! 2 am... YUCK planning my week and day and I should write it down like this - but it would exhaust me. So I only wrote down my out-of-the-house appointments

Carrie B. said...

So nice to make another HHM Friend Kristy! I"m so sorry to hear you live with chronic pain. Sending prayers that your pain will ease and you'll have a better week ahead!

I loved the Love Comes Softly series too! I have read them several times over through the years - so good! I need to get back to better reading habits. One of my goals for 2017. ;)

Your menu sounds so yummy and right up my alley! Lol

Blessings. xoxo