Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday- 1/2/2017


I have decided that in 2017 I will get back to blogging regularly. I am going to join in with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom again because I just love this series and adore her blog. Please visit her page for more Happy Homemaker Monday and much more!

The Weather:::

It is about 50 degrees here in Virginia. It is also rainy and cloudy and kinda gloomy. Perfect day for staying inside and watching the Rose Parade. It will warm up a bit in the next couple of days to almost 70 and then by the weekend it will be back down to 35. Yikes!

On My Reading Pile:::

One of my goals in 2017 is to read more. I am currently reading Teaching From Rest by Sarah Mackenzie, The Unhurred Homeschooler by Durenda Wilson, Uninvited by Lysa Terkeurst, and my Bible. I have tons more on my list!! I can't wait to dig in to more books!

On My TV:::

My husband and I are currently watching Sherlock on Netflix (the one with Benedict Cumberbatch).

On The Menu For This Week:::

Monday- Spaghetti with salad
Tuesday- leftovers
Wednesday- Orange chicken with rice (slow cooker recipe)
Thursday- Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast
Friday- Taco bar
Saturday- Grocery Shopping

On My To Do List:::

Organize the kid's Christmas gifts
Dishes
Landry
Put away all Christmas stuff
Get back to homeschooling on Tuesday

What I Am Sewing or Creating:::

Nothing. If you follow my blog regularly you will know that I have a chronic pain condition called Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. It keeps me from doing things like sewing and crocheting. I am currently in Physical Therapy with a possible surgery on the horizon. I hope to be back at it some time this year though. Stay tuned!

Looking Around The House:::

The Christmas tree is being packed away until next year. There is a load of clean towels that need to be folded and put away. The vacuum is at the ready for all the needles that fall off the tree (my oldest son who is 8 loves to do this). The Rose Parade is on the TV.

From The Camera:::



Something Fun To Share:::

We have just become members of a homeschool group called Homeschoolers for Christ. It has been around for years but I am just discovering it. A few of our homeschool friends are in it and we fell in love after our first visit. It is more field trip based and has a Chapel day once a month. I am thrilled to be a part of it.

What I'm Wearing Today:::

LulaRoe leggings and a shirt that says "Strong and Fierce". Not sure if that describes me or not but I liked it. Oh, and my cozy slippers.

One Of My Simple Pleasures:::

I love listening to Christmas music. I bought my husband a record player for Christmas and a few Christmas records as well as some Elvis ones too. I am loving the sound of music on the record player.

Bible Verse/Devotional:::

"But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it." (Ephesians 4:7)
Grace is my word for 2017. I need to give more grace and I need more grace. I am working hard on this one!

Happy New Year! May it be an amazing one!

2 comments:

Jean @sonotorganized.com said...

Sounds like you are having the same weird weather as us (although I don't think we'll get quite as lucky as an almost 70 degree day in these parts). I loved watching the Rose Bowl Parade this morning. Hope you are having a great Monday!

Row. said...

Happy New Year! Your C/P Orange Chicken sounds delicious! I Love listening to records. something magical about it to me. and Welcome back to HHM : )