Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday- 1/23/17



Well, I am a day late but here goes. Sorry about being late. Time got away from me yesterday and I was in a ton of pain.

The weather:::

It is gloomy today and very cold. It is going to be rainy and cold all week in Virginia. I think winter is finally setting in.

On my reading pile:::

Love's Enduring Promise (Janette Oke) and The Daniel Fast. In our homeschool we have been reading through the Narnia series. We are on Prince Caspian right now. My boys love these books!

On my TV:::

Honestly, I have hardly watched any TV lately. I just don't have time. I did watch one show yesterday (Love Comes Softly). It was very good.

On the menu for this week:::

Monday- layered Nacho Casserole
Tuesday- honey ham with cheesy potatoes
Wednesday- eating out with the in-laws
Thursday- Monterey chicken sandwiches with fries
Friday- breakfast (scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes)
Saturday- sweet n sour chicken with veggies and rice
Sunday- burgers on the grill with fries (maybe potato salad instead)

On my to do list:::

Laundry
Homeschooling
General cleaning and chores
Catch up on some reviews
Clean out my school room (it is a huge mess since Christmas)

Looking around the house:::

Everything seems to be pretty clean. I do have dishes in the sink that need washing but not very many. There are random toys and stuffed animals all around the house from the boys. They are getting ready to clean that up!

From the camera:::

This picture is from this morning. I went out to Colonial Williamsburg (less than a mile from my house) and took pictures for a homeschool friend. It is for her husband's birthday. Shhh...don't tell! She is getting pictures from all over the world for him. So sweet!


Something fun to share:::

Not very fun but I am sitting here enjoying an afternoon cup of coffee while my boys play in their room. I love listening to their laughter. 

What I'm wearing today:::

Black leggings, a pink long sleeved shirt, a black and gray hoodie, slippers. Very comfy!

One of my simple pleasures:::

Reading my bible in the morning after breakfast. It gives me fuel for the day to take care of my children, home, and husband.

Bible verse, Devotional:::

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

This verse is so fitting for everything going on in the country lately. I keep saying it over and over.


No comments: