Monday, January 30, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday- 1/30/17


Welcome to another Monday! Time is flying by this year already. Here we are a month into the New Year. I have been busy so far but plan to slow things down soon. Hope you have an amazing week!




The weather:::

Well, it snowed here this morning (in Virginia) and then the sun came out and now it's cloudy. That is typical weather here. It is supposed to be VERY cold all week. I heard a rumor that there is a big snow storm brewing for next week...I am hopeful!

On my reading pile::: 

The Daniel Fast
Love's Enduring Promise (Love Comes Softly Series)

On my TV:::

I binge watched Rick Steve's Europe over the weekend (it was on Create all weekend). I love history and it makes me feel like I am actually there. It is probably one of my favorite shows. I don't have anything lined up to watch for the week except the Love Comes Softly Series that a friend let me borrow.

On the menu for this week:::

Monday- Burgers and fries (didn't have that over the weekend)
Tuesday- Goulash with salad and garlic bread
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday- "Fried" chicken with mac and cheese and corn
Friday- Breakfast (scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon)
Saturday- grocery shopping day

On my to do list:::

The usual: laundry, dishes, homeschooling, tidying up. I do want to get into a normal routine after I have surgery but that will have to wait. Until then, I do what my body allows me to do...which isn't much but at least it's something.

Looking around the house:::

There are two baskets of laundry waiting to be folded and put away. The lunch dishes and in the sink. All three boys are watching a few minutes of tv before I make them do chores. We already did school work so they will have free time this afternoon.

From the camera:::



Something fun to share:::

Next week I will start The Daniel Fast. It is something I have always wanted to do and I feel like the time is right. I have prayed about it and feel led to begin my journey to a healthier me. I will have scalene blocks (injections) next Monday in Maryland. When I return home, the fasting begins. I will do this for 21 days. I will spend that time praying for my health and the possible surgery (it is pretty major). I am looking forward to it.

What I'm wearing today:::

Well, black leggings (again), a long and flowing shirt, and big sweater...and fuzzy socks and slippers. I am toasty warm.

One of my simple pleasures:::

Drinking hot tea with honey. It calms me and helps me to feel warm.

Bible verse, Devotional::: 

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." (1 Corinthians 6: 19-20)








3 comments:

Carrie B. said...

WE're sure getting this snow here today! Gladly send you some. :)

Love Rick Steve's. When I traveled in Europe many years ago I used his books as my guide - just the best. ;)

Your menu sounds yummy. Stay cozy! xoxo

Sandra said...

OH my word, I can't believe some of you are still getting snow. We are at 73 today hahah I'm so sorry.

Love the photo, that is adorable. And I love Rick Steve's shows as well :)

Have a great week.

Tamy Bollar said...

Really cute picture! Hope your fast goes well. Perfect season for it. Have a great week.