Monday, January 9, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday- 1/9/2017



Another Monday! It's the second one of the New Year and I am joining Diary of a Stay at Home Mom every week for Happy Homemaker Monday! Check out more on her blog.

The Weather.....

Over the weekend we got a foot of snow here in Virginia. It is very rare to get that amount of snow. My kids are very glad for it. It is very cold, only 32 degrees, but the rest of the week will be warmer: 40s, 50s, 60s, 40s, 50s. Ahh...the weather in Virginia. Very crazy!

 On My Reading Pile.....


I am currently reading an Amish fiction (can't remember the name of it and it's on my Kindle Paperwhite). I am also finishing the books from last week.

 On My TV.....


I am getting ready to finish up the last episodes of Hell on Wheels. I have watched all of them and they added a few more recently. Yay!

On The Menu For This Week.....


Monday- Italian baked chicken, rice pilaf, steamed broccoli
Tuesday- Taco soup with tortilla chips
Wednesday- leftover soup
Thursday- Breakfast for dinner (scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon)
Friday- Burgers and fries

On My To Do List.....


(Sunday I deep cleaned the pantry and fridge)
Deep clean the freezer and wine fridge
Catch up on laundry (it is piled up from playing in the snow all weekend)
School with the big boys
Grocery store for 2 weeks of food
Co-op on Wednesday (and Awana for the big boys)
Co-op on Thursday (Chapel Day)
Start cleaning kitchen cupboards

Looking around the house.....


There is snow playing paraphernalia all over but it will be cleaned up soon. The sink has dishes waiting to be washed and the baskets have dirty laundry ready to be washed as well. My children are happily playing with one another and driving me bonkers with the noise level. Haha.

 From the camera.....




Something Fun To Share.....


We watched it snow all day long on Saturday. We had a fire going in the fireplace and it was so cozy. We all went outside for a quick look around but decided it was way too cold. We came inside and defrosted by the fire with hot cocoa and warm soup. We spent the day having quality family time together. On Sunday, the roads were horrible (we are not equipped here in VA to keep up with snow on the roads) and church was cancelled. We spent another day just enjoying family time and getting warm by the fire.

One Of My Simply Pleasures.....

Watching cooking shows on Create TV. I love Martha Bakes, Baking with Julia, Jacques Pepin, and Cooks Country.

 Bible Verse/Devotional.....


"Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)
I need this verse daily as I struggle with chronic pain.

Be Blessed!!


No comments: