Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Beginner's Bible


My children just love when I read the Bible to them. We have "morning basket time" each day in our homeschool and Bible reading is a part of that. The most important part really. My oldest son is 8 and he is reading very well. I wanted to purchase a Bible that he could read himself and The Beginner's Bible came across my email as a review item. I was so excited. I immediately agreed. My son was thrilled as well.

The Beginner's Bible has been in publication since 1989 and has sold over 25 million copies. This new edition has been revised with new art that gets children very enthusiastic about reading the Bible. The text is easy-to-read and the illustrations are bright and colorful. There are more than 90 stories included in this book and each one introduces stories and characters from the Bible that are child friendly.

Although this Bible is geared toward very beginning readers, my 8 year old son enjoyed it very much. He confidently read it to his two younger brothers. He was a late reader but has turned a corner as of late. This new Bible has given him more self-assurance in his skills.



My children's favorite Bible story is Noah and the Ark. They have always loved that story the most and in The Beginner's Bible it comes to life with the beautifully designed art. My oldest son only needed help with a few words. His competence became a lot better and he actually started to initiate the reading himself instead of being asked to do it.

This Bible would make a great gift for any child. It is a beginner's bible so I would recommend from ages 8 and under although it can be used later on as well with ease. Children will enjoy reading about their favorite Bible heroes as they come to life on each page. It can be used as a read aloud for any home. Older siblings can read to younger ones. Parents or grandparents can read it to their children/grandchildren.

Here are many ways to learn more or purchase a Beginner's Bible for yourself or a loved one:


Official website:  www.TheBeginnersBible.com



Trailer / book trailer: http://bit.ly/2aZoqnN

Link to Amazon : 
https://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Bible-Timeless-Childrens-Stories/dp/031075013X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479158662&sr=8-1&keywords=9780310750130

I truly loved watching my children grow in their faith as they read this Bible. Their imaginations were running on high and the pictures helped to capture each story perfectly. Check it out for yourself. It is a New Year and there is not a better time to get into a new routine of daily Bible reading with your children.

*Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

No comments: