Monday, February 13, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday- 2/13/17


I missed last week's HHM post. I was in the hospital having some tests run for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (a chronic pain condition). I had injections in my neck. The injections worked which means I will be having surgery. Yay! I have waited a long time for this. I will describe my surgery in more detail below.

Hope you have a wonderful week!


The weather:::

It is very chilly here today. Yesterday was over 80 degrees...today, barely 40. The rest of the week will be the same.


On my reading pile:::

Honestly, nothing this week yet. I haven't found the time. I have been doing my daily devotions and Bible reading and that's about it. I love reading and it makes me sick when I can't find the time. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be caught up on chores and homeschooling.

On my TV:::

We have been watching funny episodes of The Office lately. I have been watching a few period dramas during the day while folding laundry. I did watch The Hiding Place last week. Wow! Very good movie about Corrie ten Boom. A must watch!!

On the menu for this week:::
Monday- Meatless spaghetti with salad
Tuesday- leftovers
Wednesday- Vegetable soup with salad
Thursday- leftovers
Friday- Taco salad
Saturday- grocery shopping

On my to do list:::

Monday- wash all linens, homeschool, fold clean laundry
Tuesday- homeschool, menu plan, clean boy's bedroom
Wednesday- no co-op this week, laundry, homeschool, clean boy's toy room
Thursday- bathrooms, dust, windows, homeschool
Friday- homeschool and visit with friends
Saturday- while I grocery shop (usually takes 2 hours because of multiple stores) my hubby cleans the house. He does all of the floors (I can't because of my condition), catches up the laundry, tidies all rooms

Looking forward to:::

Surgery! Okay, so here is what I am having done. It is called a First Rib Resection and scar tissue removal. Basically, they are removing one of my ribs and scraping scar tissue from my neck area. Yikes! I can't believe this is happening. I have been in so much pain for so long that I am not even afraid. It is a very scary surgery with a very long recovery time. I will be flat on my back for at least a few weeks with several months of physical therapy. I won't be able to drive for a very long while and I can't lift anything heavier than 5lbs. for at least a month. So, no laundry! LOL! I have to make jokes because it is kinda serious. Please keep me in your prayers in the coming months. My surgery will be in April.

Looking around the house:::

It is a total disaster! I am not lying. We had such a great weekend. Seriously. It was beautiful. We spent time outside. My boys are all outside at the moment so it is kinda quiet.

From the camera:::


What I'm wearing today:::

LulaRoe leggings (they have colorful flowers on them) with a blue LulaRoe Irma and a long sweater. It is chilly!

One of my simple pleasures:::

Having a picnic with my family. We live in such a beautiful state. There are thousands of choices for locations for a wonderful picnic.

Bible verse, Devotional::: 

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil..." (Psalm 23:4)
That verse is kinda fitting for my upcoming surgery.

3 comments:

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

A picnic sounds like a delightful thing to do at this time of year! I hope your surgery goes exceptionally well and that recovery is much quicker than anticipated.

Grantham Lynn said...

Great plans. I hope you have a great week and accomplish much. This is my first time to come by from HHM. I am following you now.
I linked today too. Hope you can come over and say 'Hi'.
Praying for your impending surgery.

Row. said...

I Love that you get to go on Picnics, hope you have a great time. Prayers sent for your surgery