Monday, February 20, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday- 2/20/17



We had the best weekend. We had a ton of fun as a family. The weather was beautiful. We spent some time with grandparents. We built a table and a bench (my oldest son built a table for his bff all by himself...he is only 8). We went for a walk and hike and to the playground. Such an amazing weekend. Hope yours was fun too!

The weather:::

It is gorgeous here in Virginia. It's about 70 degrees today and will probably stay pretty nice all week. We are spending as much time outside as possible.

On my bedside table:::

Junk. Haha. I hate having so much stuff there. I am getting ready to rearrange all of it. There is a Bible and a book to read though. Most important things!

On my reading pile:::

Of Stillness and Storm (Michele Phoenix)- a story of troubled love and honorable intentions.
The Kindness Challenge (Shaunti Feldhahn)

On my TV:::

I have been watching a WWII documentary about Auschwitz and its original intent. It is very interesting. I love documentaries.

On the menu for this week:::
Monday- Chicken lo mein with homemade egg rolls
Tuesday- Tacos
Wednesday- Ham and potatoes
Thursday- Scrambled eggs with ham and toast
Friday- Chicken fried rice
Saturday - not sure yet (have to go back to the store)

On my to do list:::

Lots of blogging stuff to do this week.
Chores including laundry, dishes, etc.
Homeschooling.
Field trip to the fire station on Thursday.
Clean the house for the weekend (I will be gone to different events most of it).

Looking forward to:::

The quilt show this weekend. It is a yearly event and my MIL and SIL and I all go together. Usually my SIL brings two of my nieces. It is so much fun and so special to see all of the beautiful quilts.

Looking around the house:::

It is mostly tidy. There are a few areas that need some work but it looks fine to me. The kids are outside playing right now so it isn't too loud (although I have a window open and can hear them).

From the camera:::

This is a throw back photo. It gets me
excited thinking about the quilt show!
 

What I'm wearing today:::

Crocs, blue and red flowery leggings, a white top and a sweater. Very comfy.

One of my simple pleasures:::

Doing puzzles. Okay, it's kind of an obsession. My husband thinks I am crazy with them. I can finish any puzzle in a just a couple of days. My brain just works that way. I have lots of puzzles.

Bible verse, Devotional::: 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.                                                                        
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

                                    
 


2 comments:

Jean @sonotorganized.com said...

Wow, how impressive that your 8 year old built a table! Hope you have a lot of fun at your quilt show this weekend.

Grantham Lynn said...

I hope you had a great time at the quilt show. I am visiting HHM today and just found your post. I hope you had a great week! I'll check your new posts for quilt pictures!
I was nice meeting and visiting you. Hope to see you tomorrow.