Monday, February 27, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday- 2/27/2017

How can it already be the last Monday in February? Seriously! Time is flying by so quickly. Next week my youngest son will be 4! I feel like he is still a baby. Oh, I have been reminiscing lastly. Why can't they stay little for a little longer? Oh well. I am glad to have another week to be with my family and to praise God for every breath I am given.


The weather:::

It has been beautiful for the past month. There have only been a few cold days. Today is around 65 degrees. The rest of the week looks like more of the same with a dip into the 50's. I am loving it because my kids can play outside...a lot.

On my reading pile:::

Zip It by Karen Ehman (it is a 40-day challenge on keeping your mouth shut)

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::

We are loving Chef's Table on Netflix. We just started a new series called Frontier. Oh, and over the weekend we watched Caddy Shack...just because. LOL! I have not had much time to watch TV for fun lately unless my kids are in bed and by then I am exhausted.

On the menu for this week:::

Monday- burgers for all the guys and mama is going out to eat Mexican food with a few friends
Tuesday- Taco soup in the slow cooker with cornbread
Wednesday- Leftovers
Thursday- Breakfast for dinner (eggs, toast, bacon)
Friday- Cheeseburger macaroni with Rotel
Saturday- Pizza (we are having my little guys bday party that day)
Sunday- Chicken noodle soup in the slow cooker

On my to do list:::

Homeschooling
Clean the house for the bday party on Saturday
Blog
Laundry
Write a few letters

Looking forward to:::

Little man's birthday party this weekend. I can't believe it. Lots of family and friends will gather to celebrate his life. He is such a sweetie pie most of the time.

Looking around the house:::

It is a bit of a mess right now. I was so sick over the weekend with a terrible migraine that I didn't have time to even move. It will be cleaned this week though.

From the camera:::


What I'm wearing today:::

A new pair of leggings (went to a LulaRoe party last night). They are light blue and cream colored. Also, a pink shirt with a Bible verse on it and a long sweater.

One of my simple pleasures:::

Sunday afternoon naps. It is rare but I love them.

Bible verse, Devotional::: 
A song has been on my mind lately:
"If your eyes are on the storm You'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You'll know I always have and I always will

And not a tear is wasted
In time, you'll understand
I'm painting beauty with the ashes
Your life is in My hands..."
-Casting Crowns (Just Be Held)


4 comments:

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

I'll have to check out the book you're reading. Karen Ehman spoke at a Hearts at Home conference many years ago that I attended. Great speaker...very inspiring! The taco soup you're making this week sounds delicious!

Mrs. U said...

Hi!!! I have never heard of Chef's Table! I'll have to look for it!

And Zip It. Oh boy. One book I really need to read. Taming the tongue is hard. :(

His,
Mrs. U

Sandra said...

I think I need to read that book about keeping your mouth shut, definitely need it for myself and others lol

Happy Birthday for your little one this week, hope he has a great one.

Have a wonderful week :)

Jean @sonotorganized.com said...

Going to have to check out that book. Guessing it wouldn't be an appropriate to give out as gifts? LOL! Aw, 4 is such a fun age. Hope it's a wonderful birthday and that you have a great week!