Friday, March 31, 2017

Zip It by Karen Ehman



Oh boy! Do I have a problem with keeping my mouth closed. I have gotten myself into trouble many times by speaking before I think. There are consequences to every word we speak. Some of the consequences are good and some are bad. The bad ones can ruin relationships and hurt others.

Karen Ehman has written a new book called Zip It (a 40-day challenge devotional) that goes along with her book Keep It Shut. You can guess what this book is about...haha.

In Zip It, Ehman goes deeper into Scripture. She gives Biblical examples of taming the tongue and what the tongue is capable of. The words we speak each day can speak life or death to others. The Bible speaks so much about our mouths and words. This devotional gives you the tools and Bible verses you need to begin speaking life-giving words to others and yourself.

This book challenges you to use your words with godly purpose and for His glory. We will learn how to use our words to build up, to bless, to praise, to encourage, to lift up. God gave us His holy word as a guide for this life. When we use the Bible as a guide, we learn what is pleasing to God and what isn't.

I encourage you to read Zip It. It truly was a blessing and challenged me to keep quiet at times and think about my words. Sometimes not saying anything is the best thing. But, we do need to talk to others with kindness and love. Speaking the truth in love to others.

I felt a sense of peace as I read through this devotional. God's presence gives me such joy and I want others to know that Jesus is the Ruler of my heart. When I hurt others with my words it doesn't look like that at all. I pray that God gives me words to speak to others the way He would want me to.

*Many thanks to BookLookBloggers for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*



1 comment:

SM Simplifier said...

Looks like a great challenge for any mom. I feel like I struggle with this mostly with my husband and children -- eGad! The ones that I should be building up...